GDPR Privacy Statement:
We are Shavo Limited T/A Merrion Vaults (“we”, “us”, “our” or “MV”). Our facility is located at Connaught House, Basement Level -2, 1 Burlington Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 C5Y6.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our customers, and our employees. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from our customers, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully
to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Merrion Vaults is a “Data Processor” and a “Data Controller” which means that we are responsible for processing and controlling data on behalf of our Customers. We are required – under data protection legislation – to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
At Merrion Vaults we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. The information you have furnished us with will only be kept for the duration of your rental agreement with us. When you close your account or end your rental period with Merrion Vaults, we will no longer hold your information and it will be destroyed and deleted according to GDPR rules and regulations.
What information do we collect?
To effectively carry out our secure storage services for our customers it is necessary for us to collect and process certain information relating to our customers.
This information includes but is not limited to:
- CCTV images for security verification
- CCTV recordings for security verification
- Phone calls with customers for verification purposes
- Home or business addresses, Email addresses and telephone contact numbers of our customers and additional nominated users
- Digital copy of fingerprints for client and additional user access purposes
- Scans of client and additional users photo ID for verification purposes
- Scans of client proof of address for verification purposes
- Credit Card Details of Customers for account renewal purposes – we DO NOT keep these details on-file and they are deleted once payment is confirmed
- Bank details of customers for deposit refund purposes
- In order to administer your account with us securely, we require a minimum of two forms of contact for you:
Post or Email or Telephone or Text Message
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order)
- As part of the carrying out of our contracted secure storage services to you.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal order or obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- Our business enters a joint venture with – or is sold to or merged with – another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where we store your personal data?
We store all your personal details on our secure, standalone server, located in our vault facility.
How long do we retain personal data supplied to us by you?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements. In short we will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
How secure is your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you would like to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of any personal information to another party, please write to us at at:
Merrion Vaults, Hospitality House, Sth. Cumberland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Or email [email protected]
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights).
However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any issues with the way that we are processing your personal data, you should contact the Data Protection Commissioner.
The DPC can be contacted by telephone on 1890 25 22 31 – or by email at: [email protected] .
You can also visit the DPC website by following this link: https://www.dataprotection.ie
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we process your personal information, please contact us on 01-2547900
This Privacy Statement was last updated on the 25th May 2018.
For any GDPR issues or data requests please email: [email protected]